Wild Wadi and Sustaining the Environment
Wild Wadi Waterpark is fully committed to reducing the impact we have on the environment by implementing a strategy for sustainability, responsible purchasing, effective waste management and recycling where possible.
We will continue to strive to improve our performance in identifying and reducing waste wherever possible and to reduce our energy and water consumption. Wild Wadi Waterpark seeks to promote Sustainability along with CSR Corporate Social Responsibility, as a core value within our business unit.
Sustainability is defined as the integration of our social, welfare and environmental considerations in our day to day business.
The Principle: Everything we need for our survival depends directly or indirectly on our natural environment. Sustainability creates and maintains the conditions that both humans and nature need in order to co exist and to ensure that nature is still here for future generations.
As a leisure facility focusing on fun, safety and cleanliness, we have an inherent responsibility to the community to reflect the values we live by. We conduct business in a responsible and transparent manner that is balanced economically, socially and environmentally.
Our Mission Statement:‘The Way Forward...Small changes can make big differences’
The following initiatives make Wild Wadi unique in the Middle East:
· Using state of the art filtration systems that ensure maximized water conservation.
· Showers, taps and toilets have low-flow sensor units that reduce unnecessary wastage of water.
· All pool water resources in the waterpark are re-circulated, filtered, treated and re-used.
· Pool Water systems are separated to avoid cross contamination.
· Policies and procedures are in place to reduce the risk of contamination (i.e. Diaper Policy and Swimwear Policy).
· Water usage in all areas of the park is constantly monitored to accurately identify and target areas of concern where we can make reductions.
. Native and low water plants are used for landscaping to minimize our water usage.
· Throughout the park, energy-efficient Led light bulbs and water pumps are used with variable frequency drives (VFD’s) to reduce the energy required.
. Installation of Dyson Airlade handryers.
· Wild Wadi has a building management system that switches off unnecessary utilities.
. Office equipment is 'Energy Star'.
· Awareness campaigns are conducted to encourage our colleagues to turn off the lights and air-conditioners when leaving their offices or homes.
. Active energy useage and reduction goals are specified and monitored monthly.
Waste Stream Management
Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle:
· The filtration system minimizes the use of chemicals which can become harmful to the atmosphere.
· We recycle paper, cardboard, oils, organic waste, plastic, metal, electronic office equipment, batteries. Additionally, Wild Wadi is involved in many other initiates where we reduce, reuse and recycle waste (for example, rubber shoes which have been used by our colleagues are recycled to make other rubber products).
· We have eliminated hazardous styrofoam containers from our restaurants.
· We Buy locally made products and in bulk to reduce packaging materials and unnecessary transport.
. We monitor our waste and recycling and have set goals for reducing the total amount of waste produced.
Education and Awareness
· We train our colleagues about the environment and what they can do to help achieve our goals.
· Wild Wadi is the main organizer of the very popular quarterly “Beach Clean-up” where colleagues and volunteers of the public assemble at an agreed location and pick up litter.
· We have started a Sun and Safety Awareness Program that is dedicated to schools in Dubai to teach children about the environment.
. We monitor and record our business air travel for Greenhouse emissions and offset annually.
. We try to reduce our negative affect on the environment.
. We have implemented environment purchasing policies to ensure that we source goods and services that follow our 'green' ethos.