London, 7 June 2017: How well do you know the London district of Belgravia? Did you know, for example, that Mozart wrote his first symphony whilst living on Ebury Street in Belgravia? Or that The Great Train Robbers planned much of their heist over drinks in The Star Tavern? Or that famous milliner Philip Treacy opened his first store on Elizabeth Street?
Guests of Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel can now delve further into the history and culture of the exclusive residential area in which the hotel is located with the Belgravia Experience package. The special package includes:
• Accommodation for two, including full English breakfast served in friendly neighbourhood restaurant Lowndes Bar & Kitchen
• Use of the hotel’s bespoke Belgravia Bikes, including the specially-designed ‘Belgravia and Beyond by Bicycle’ map and guides with tips on what to see and where to stop for refreshment en route
• A British take-away picnic to enjoy in nearby Hyde Park, including treats such as homemade Ploughman’s cheese sandwiches, freshly baked scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam and classic Fever Tree Ginger Ale
• A £20 voucher for local artisan store The Fine Cheese Co. or Rococo Chocolates on Motcomb Street to supplement the picnic treats
• A copy of the hotel’s ‘Book of the Month’ chosen by local bookstore Belgravia Books. Recent titles have included Belgravia by ‘Downton Abbey’ creator Julian Fellowes (himself a Belgravia resident) and The Threat Level Remains Severe by London resident Rowena Macdonald.
The Belgravia Experience package starts from £287 per room, per night, including taxes, based on two people sharing. For more information or to make a reservation, visit www.jumeirah.com/belgraviaexperience or call 020 7823 1234. Follow Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel on social media @JumeirahLH.
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors:
About Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel:
Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel is a boutique hotel in Belgravia featuring 88 contemporary bedrooms and suites designed to suit the needs of both the leisure and business traveller. The relaxed Lowndes Bar & Kitchen offers guests all-day dining from its modern British menu in comfortable surroundings with a heated patio providing outside seating year-round. The hotel’s intimate meeting room is ideal for smaller events and private dining. Guests have complimentary access to all facilities at the nearby Jumeirah Carlton Tower, including The Peak Health Club & Spa.
About Jumeirah Group:
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts including the flagship Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts manages properties in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE, and Kuwait in the Middle East; Frankfurt, Istanbul, London and Mallorca (Spain) in Europe; the Maldives and Shanghai in Asia. Jumeirah Group also runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah LivingTM with properties in London and Dubai; the new lifestyle hotel brand VenuTM; the wellness brand TaliseTM; Jumeirah Restaurant Group DubaiTM; Wild Wadi WaterparkTM; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality ManagementTM; Jumeirah SiriusTM and its global loyalty programme. Future openings include luxury hotels in China, Indonesia, Jordan, Malaysia, Oman, Russia and the UAE. www.jumeirah.com
For further information or images please contact:
Director of Communications
Jumeirah Carlton Tower & Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
+44 (0)207 858 7160