2015 November 23 10:00
The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management celebrates its eleventh graduation
Dubai, 23 November, 2015: The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management (EAHM), one of the world’s leading hospitality business management schools and an integral part of the global luxury hotel company, Jumeirah Group, will hold a graduation ceremony at Jumeirah Emirates Towers for its eleventh class of graduates.
Founder and Managing Director of EAHM, Ron Hilvert, said: “This is the eleventh graduation at EAHM and with Dubai’s strong growth in the hospitality and tourism industry, our graduates are well positioned for exciting careers locally, regionally and internationally.”
The event takes place on 29 November 2015 and will see 72 students from 33 countries receive their degrees. Of those graduates, 56 have completed undergraduate degrees and 16 have completed postgraduate degrees. Graduates of EAHM find excellent professional placement opportunities with 96% being employed within the first six months of graduation.
Notes to Editors:
- Official photos will also be provided within 24 hours after the graduation event on 29 Nov 2015.
The following students will be available for interview on the day of the event:
- This year’s most outstanding Bachelor student, Philipp Roesch is from Germany. He is currently working at The Dorchester Collection in the Greater London Area as a Rooms Division Management Trainee.
- This year’s most outstanding MBA student, Nasrin Rahi is from Iran. She has worked at Dubai Airports as a Finance Assistant.
- Emirati National Sarah Abbas Makki graduates with a Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in International Hospitality Management with First Class Honours. She has already found employment with The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management as an Academic Government Relations Coordinator.
- Sandrella El Hayek from Sweden graduates with a Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in International Hospitality Management. She has already found employment with Emaar at the La Serre Bistro and Boulangerie as the General Manager.
- Raaghav Murugappan, an Indian national, graduates with a Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in International Hospitality Management and has found employment with TRI Consulting as a Market and Financial Analyst.
- Conrad Sokolnicki from Canada, graduates with an MBA in International Hospitality Management. Whilst studying for his MBA, Conrad was working as a Research Assistant at The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management and will take up a position with Jumeirah shortly.
- Vaughan Sears graduates with an MBA in International Hospitality Management. He has been working with Jones Lang LaSalle’s Hotels & Hospitality Group as a Hospitality Analyst.
About The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management:
The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management (EAHM) in Dubai is one of the world’s leading hospitality business management schools and an integral part of the global luxury hotel company, Jumeirah Group. It is a leading provider of University-level hospitality business education and offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees designed to develop the hospitality leaders of the future. EAHM works in academic association with Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne and all programmes of study are fully accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the United Arab Emirates, the Institute of Hospitality in the United Kingdom and THE-ICE (International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education) in Australia. It is also a higher education member of the Council of International Schools (CIS).
For further information and enrolment requirements, please visit The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management online: www.emiratesacademy.edu
About Jumeirah Group:
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts including the flagship Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts manages properties in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE, and Kuwait in the Middle East; Baku, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Mallorca (Spain) and Rome in Europe; the Maldives and Shanghai in Asia. Jumeirah Group also runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah LivingTM with properties in London and Dubai; the new contemporary lifestyle hotel brand VENU; the wellness brand Talise; Jumeirah Restaurants; Wild Wadi WaterparkTM; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management; and SiriusTM, its global loyalty programme. Future openings include luxury and lifestyle hotels in China, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Morocco, Oman, Russia and the UAE. www.jumeirah.com
For further information please contact:
Dr John Fong
Director of Marketing & International Relations / Associate Professor
The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management
PO Box 29662 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 315 5118
Fax: +971 4 315 5556
Mobile: +971 555 009 565
Visit us at: www.emiratesacademy.edu