Dubai, 09 December 2013: To celebrate the Chinese New Year, the most important event in the Chinese calendar, Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts has designed a series of special festivals and experiences to mark this memorable occasion.
Offers on luxury shopping, entertainment and exclusive discounts at participating Talise Spas will be available in Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the Maldives. These distinctive offers are tailored for early 2014 to ensure Chinese travellers spend quality time with their loved ones and have a Chinese New Year to remember.
Burj Al Arab will host the ‘Majestic Spring Festival’ and in a fitting tribute each night an impressive horse will be projected onto the hotel’s exterior. Guests will also receive a bespoke crystal Burj Al Arab sculpture engraved with the 2014 Chinese New Year greeting and horse etched onto the sail. A fireworks display will light up Dubai’s skyline to welcome 2014 on the 31 January.
In addition, 24-carat gold iPads, designed specifically for Burj Al Arab will be offered for guests to use upon check-in. The ‘virtual concierge’ will provide information and an extensive selection of hotel services at the touch of the button.
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers will provide a magical setting to bring in the new year. Guests can enjoy complimentary in-room treats such as honey almonds, kumquats and sweets, elegant slippers embroidered with a horse motif, a Chinese high grade Yunnan FOP black tea selection and exclusive discounts on Talise Spa and Jumeirah Collection purchases. Guests can choose to receive Chinese newspapers and take a tour around Abu Dhabi’s major tourist sites with a Chinese speaking guide. On the doorstep of Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and accessed directly from the hotel, Avenue at Etihad Towers is Abu Dhabi’s premier luxury brand shopping experience. A selection of flagship stores, designer boutiques and high-end outlets offer luxury fashion, jewellery, watches and accessories with special discounts exclusive to guests of the hotel’s Chinese New Year package.
Culinary feasts will be available at Rosewater restaurant, the hotel’s Lobby Lounge and Observation Deck at 300, where exclusive festive gourmet cupcakes depicting Chinese New Year themes will be on sale.
Fabulous performances will mesmerize and entertain at Madinat Jumeirah's ‘Light the Spring’ festival. Guests can enjoy a parade through the resort, lion dance shows at the Souk Madinat amphitheatre, and a thrilling series of live stage performances from the prestigious Chinese State Circus at the Madinat Theatre.
The chef of Zheng He's restaurant has designed mouthwatering festive dishes for Chinese guests who can watch live Guzheng, tea master performances and enjoy delicious cuisine. Guests with a passion for Kung Fu or Tai Chi can take classes taught by Master Can, a 34th generation warrior monk from the Maling Shaolin Kung Fu Academy.
At Jumeirah Zabeel Saray a Chinese New Year treasure hunt will make celebrations extra special, from 27 January to 8 February. All Chinese guests will receive a map leading them to secret places within the hotel. Those who complete the treasure hunt will go into a lucky draw to win prizes from the award-winning Talise Ottoman Spa, dinners and discounts in the luxury shopping boutiques along the hotel’s Avenue of Indulgence.
Guests looking for luxurious spa treatments can enjoy the World’s Most Luxurious Spa Experience at the Talise Ottoman Spa in association with Margy’s Monte Carlo. This regal treatment starts with a bespoke Margy’s Facial developed exclusively for the Talise Ottoman Spa. The main component is the gold facial designed exclusively for Jumeirah Zabeel Saray using a 24 carat gold chain mail mask. The treatment stimulates cellular growth of the basal layer, regenerates firm skin cells and provides a tightening effect. Those who indulge in the experience also enjoy a revitalising Arabian Gold Hammam and a Rose Bliss and Argan oil massage. The experience includes beverages and caviar lunch held within a private spa suite, followed by a bespoke premium gift bag by Margy’s. During their stay guests can enjoy complimentary use of all the facilities, gyms and yoga rooms in Talise Ottoman Spa. Alternatively, guests can head to Wild Wadi Waterpark or enjoy a laid back bike ride around The Palm Jumeirah.
Spending Chinese New Year in either the luxurious Jumeirah Dhevanafushi or Jumeirah Vittaveli resorts will be more than a little special. With ivory white beaches, translucent blue waters and tranquility, the resorts offer the perfect escape. Chinese guests can enjoy activities at Jumeirah Dhevanafushi from 30 January to 6 February. From relaxing spa treatments and packages at Talise Spa, including the Gong Xi Fai Cai package and the Pearl and Jasmine Scrub, to delicate cuisine, walks along sea facing trails and guided tours of the reef in the crystal clear Indian Ocean. Sunset cruises, sand-castle building or night fishing can be enjoyed with the family. A karaoke grand prix and table tennis tournament will be held at Khibar to ring the New Year. In addition, guests can watch CCTV’s New Year’s Gala special live and Chinese TV and movies by the pool.
Jumeirah Vittaveli features activities for the whole family and plenty to keep children entertained. The Kids’ Club will offer palm leaf origami sessions, sea shell painting, sting ray feeding, jazz dancing and sandcastle making. Complimentary wellness activities will be offered from yoga-inspired spa treatments at Talise Spa, kayak races, romantic sunset cruises, sunset fishing, sunset golf, locally inspired Poi Fire dancing and a shisha night at Bar-EE. Both resorts will offer discovery scuba diving, snorkeling and gala dinners including Reunion Dinners, Prosperity Dinners and Lantern Festival Dinners with sumptuous Asian cuisine created by a Chinese chef.
Notes to Editors:
- Download high resolution image of Burj al Arab here
- For more high resolution photos click here
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers’ Chinese New Year package:
- Available from 30 January to 6 February 2014
- Complimentary mooncakes, honey almonds, kumquats and a selection of sweets in rooms and suites
- Complimentary in-room slippers especially embroidered with a horse motif Complimentary in-room high grade Yunnan FOP Chinese black tea
- 10% discount on all Talise Spa treatments
- 10% discount on all Jumeirah Collection purchases
- Welcome letter and card in Mandarin
- Access to CCTV Chinese television in all rooms and suites
- Chinese newspapers offered
- Special tours of Abu Dhabi with Chinese speaking guide
- Exclusive discounts at flagship stores, designer boutiques and high-end outlets on Avenue at Etihad
Madinat Jumeirah’s Winter Flavours and Chinese New Year package:
- Guests can also enjoy Winter Flavours, Suite Life and Suite Finale packages during the Spring Festival holiday
- Daily complimentary breakfast
- Daily complimentary lunch or dinner across 50 Jumeirah restaurants including participating restaurants at the Burj Al Arab
- Access to Sinbad's Kids’ Club
- Access to Wild Wadi Waterpark
- Exclusive 2km beach access
- The East China State Circus performance twice a day
- Souk Parade & Lion Dance Show three times per day
- Performances from 28 January to 1 February 2014
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray’s Chinese New Year package:
Jumeirah Dhevanafushi’s Chinese New Year package:
- Breakfast buffet and lunch served at Azara or Johara
- Management cocktails at Khibar
- Chinese TV, karaoke and games at Khibar
- Table tennis tournament at Khibar
- Sand castle building competition
- Signature romantic cocktails at Khibar
- Discover Scuba diving at the pool
- Pedal boat racing
- Kayak racing
- Guided reef tours
- Talise Spa activities*
- Dive and water sports activities*
Jumeirah Vittaveli’s Chinese New Year package:
- Breakfast and dinner at Samsara
- Lunch at either Samsara or Bar-EE
- Karaoke at the Teen Lounge
- Kids’ Club activities, including palm leaf origami, sea shell painting, sting ray feeding, jazz dancing and sandcastle making
- Discover scuba diving in the pool and on a boat
- Kayak race at the water sports beach
- Games night at Bar-EE with a selection of card and board games
- Beach volleyball
- Complimentary spa and wellness activities of the day
- Sunset yoga
- Other Talise Spa activities*
- Vittaveli cocktails
- Golf with the General Manager
- Banana boat riding
- Windsurfing lessons
- Dive and water sports activities*
*Activities marked with an asterisk* are chargeable and require advance reservations.
The packages are available during the Chinese New Year holiday.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel Join this unique festival experience at Latitude, Beachcombers and Palm Court in celebration of the Year of the Horse! Savour the fresh approach to food and Chinese-style of cooking! Enjoy the exciting activities:
- Lion Dance
- Kung Fu Tea Master Performance at Palm Court
- Face Mask Changing Artist
- AED 320 per person with non-alcoholic beverages and selection of Chinese Tea
- AED 440 per person with alcoholic beverages and Asian lager and flavored Asian cocktails
- AED 299 per person with non-alcoholic beverages
- AED 399 per person with Red Sangria Cocktail
- Watch the Kung Fu Tea Master performance
Brunch 1pm to 4pm
Dinner 6:30pm to 11pm
For more information or bookings, please contact Restaurant Reservations at +971 44068999 or visit jumeirah.com/jbhchinesenewyear
About Jumeirah Group:
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts includes Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Bilgah Beach Hotel in Baku; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Grand Hotel via Veneto in Rome; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah in Istanbul; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London. Jumeirah Group also runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah LivingTM; the wellness brand Talise; Jumeirah Restaurants; Wild Wadi WaterparkTM; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management; and SiriusTM, its global loyalty programme.
For further information please contact:
Jumeirah Group Corporate Communications
Director of External Communications
PO Box 214159, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Visit us at: www.jumeirah.com