Dubai, 30 May 2012: The noodle house - Dubai’s home-grown Superbrand – is getting ready to celebrate its 10th birthday later this month, having opened the doors to the very first noodle house in Jumeirah Emirates Towers on the 31st May 2002.
Since then, the noodle house – which draws its culinary inspiration from the colourful and flavoursome dishes of South East Asia – has continued to go from strength to strength, with 16 restaurants in the U.A.E, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Cyprus, and Pakistan and is expanding globally as well, with franchises across the Middle East, Asia and Europe, including Great Britain.
To celebrate its success in this special year, the noodle house in Jumeirah Emirates Towers will be sharing birthday cup cakes and a 10% discount for all dine in customers on the 31st May to mark the special occasion.
In keeping with the celebrations, we bring you “10 facts you didn’t know about the noodle house”:
1. The brand was born in the Chinese Year of the Black Horse. Those born in the year of the black horse are known to be born leaders, love big crowds, and are ambitious in business – certainly something that rings true for the noodle house.
2. The noodle house uses 10,000 pairs of chopsticks every week.
3. The noodle house has been awarded with the ‘Superbrand Status’ for 2012, in the year of its 10th birthday.
4. Vegetable spring rolls are the top selling dish at the noodle house.
5. The noodle house in India is called ‘Tasty Tangles’.
6. Almost 20% of traffic to the noodle house website comes from iphones and ipads.
7. In Dubai, the noodle house ONLY use cars for delivery of their food, ensuring the safety of their drivers.
8. The noodle house website features a calorie pad for you to calculate the calories of your meal and they are in the process of creating a menu featuring dishes that are all less than 300 calories.
9. The noodle house chefs create menus at special prices throughout the year, inspired by major Asian festivals, including the ‘Thai Lantern Festival’, ‘Chinese New Year’ and ‘Taste of Malaysia’.
10. The noodle house is on both Facebook and Twitter, with their Twitter handle being @thebignoodle.
To contact the noodle house in Dubai:
Visit the website www.thenoodlehouse.com
For further information, please contact:
DABO & CO
Junior Account Manager
Telephone: +971 4 344 4901
Note to Editors:
Jumeirah Restaurants LLC
Jumeirah Restaurants LLC is the branded restaurant division of Jumeirah Group, the global hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Jumeirah Restaurants is tasked with setting up and licensing innovative and successful casual dining concepts to its international network of partners. The noodle house was the first restaurant brand to be developed and is the flagship of Jumeirah Restaurants, with licence agreements already signed in 13 countries globally. The company also has the rights to develop a number of brands from the Caprice Holdings group across the Middle East and North Africa. This stable includes world-famous restaurants and clubs such as Rivington Grill, Scott’s, Annabel’s and The Ivy. Other concepts that have been developed by Jumeirah Restaurants include Urbano, Sana Bonta, AllFreshCo, Rice + Spice and The Flaming Revolution.