If you haven’t heard about The Terrace, well where have you been?! Here we reveal some lesser known facts about Burj Al Arab Jumeirah’s ultimate luxury leisure facility…
1. It was built and shipped from Finland
The 10,000 sq m facility was built by 160 craftsman off-site in Finland and transported 2,800 miles to Dubai by sea.
2. There’s a saltwater infinity pool…
which melts into the horizon to create the mirage of a continuous ebb of water
3. The fresh water pool has a shaded swim up bar
So you can enjoy your favourite tipple without leaving the water.
4. You’ll find an incredible 10 million mosaic tiles in the swimming pools
Yes, that’s an awful lot of tiles (in shades of azure and gold).
5. The dazzling beach comprises 1,000 tonnes of white sand
The sand was imported from Saudi Arabia for its special qualities which means it doesn’t fly away when the wind blows.
6. There are 4 Jacuzzis
So make sure you get the ultimate picture relaxing in one for your Instagram feed!
7. It has 32 air conditioned luxurious cabanas…
all serviced by your own private butler, so you can relax and cool off in privacy.
8. The 8 Royal Cabanas offer the ultimate VIP service
And include private dining options, a spa menu, mini-bars, espresso machines, Bang & Olufsen TVs, private bathroom and a veranda overlooking the Arabian Gulf.
9. The terrace fans out 100 metres into the Arabian Gulf
So there’s enough space for 400 sunloungers and 24 luxury day beds!
10. Scape Restaurant and Lounge is open to non-hotel guests
If you’re not lucky enough to be staying at the hotel, you can pop in for a Californian-fusion inspired lunch or dinner!
Explore the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah