Guests with disabilities at Wild Wadi
Here at Wild Wadi Waterpark we try our best to ensure that our services and facilities are able to accommodate guests with disabilities.
With a pick up/drop off zone located at the entrance to the park as well as a number of dedicated car parking spaces in the car park, getting to Wild Wadi has never been so convenient for guests with limited mobilities. In addition, we have specially adapted shower, changing room and toilet facilities adjacent to the Ladies’ Changing Room that can accommodate our guests.
All entrances are conveniently designed for guests with limited mobility to enter with ease. The Information Booth offers information regarding tickets and facilities for guests with disabilities upon request. Guests with disabilities get AED 60 off from the general admission rate.
We allow guests with the following disabilities to bypass any queue at rides:
- Guests with Mobility Disabilities eg. permanently wheelchair bound
- Guests with Physical Disabilities
- Guests with Hearing Disabilities
- Guests with Visual Disabilities
- Guests with Cognitive Disabilities such as:
a) Permanently wheelchair bound
b) Have problems with identifying the concept of queuing
c) Have difficulties with social interaction
d) Have limited capabilities to understand instruction
e) Becomes agitated or distressed if they have to wait for any extended period of time
Due to operational considerations, fast pass entries to some rides and attractions may not be available at all times during your visit. Additionally, due to the positioning of some of our rides and the number of steps that lead to their entrance, not all rides can accommodate guests with physical disabilities. Please speak with a Wild Wadi colleague for more information and availability.
Wild Wadi provides specific unimpeded pathways for the ease of guests with disabilities to reach seating areas and some attractions. Additionally, flat water attractions (i.e. Breaker’s Bay, Flood River, and Juha’s Journey) are accessible and require minimal assistance for entry.
Depending upon the guest’s limitations, other rides may not be suitable – but the individual or a responsible member of their party is always the best judge of this. Please bear in mind that Wild Wadi’s safety regulations must be adhered to at all times.
These are the rules when riding on the waterpark’s rides:
- Always follow the guidance and instruction from the lifeguard.
- Should you be in any distress or feel unwell during the wait for the ride, you must inform the lifeguard who will call the paramedics.
- If the lifeguard tells you that the ride is unsuitable due to your disability, and there is a safety risk, then you will not be allowed to embark on the ride.
- Certain rides may require that a disabled person rides with a helper, a person over the age of 16 would be considered suitable helpers. Helpers must sit on the same tube as the disabled person.
- Helpers must be able to communicate instructions from the lifeguards to the disabled guest and assist in case of emergency if needed.
- Several rides are unsuitable for guests with disabilities, pregnant guests, guests with heart or back conditions. All rides have information boards at the ride entrance containing the rules, and who can and can’t the ride due to its nature. Please read the signs.
- We strongly recommend that guests who have recently had surgery or a recent accident seek advice from the Paramedics on the suitability of the ride if they are not sure.
- All our rides are water based. Some require that guests are able to maintain an upright position and be able to hold the handles with two hands due to the forces experienced on the rides.
- Not all rides are suitable for all guests. Each ride has operational and safety rules to ensure the riders safety. Wild Wadi will adhere to these rules as they are there for your safety.
- It is possible to watch many of the rides prior to getting to the entrance, this may help disabled guests or helpers make a decision on the suitability of the ride
The main restaurants at Wild Wadi Waterpark: Julshan’s Burgers and Dogs, Juha’s Family Kitchen, Riptide Pizza, Leila’s Fruits and Snacks are accessible to guests with limited mobility.
We have a licensed team of highly trained lifeguards and qualified paramedics on site to prevent harm to our guests and ensure that they have the safest experience possible. The First Aid Centre is located near the Main Entrance next to General Mahmar’s Corner.
While we have a number of measures in place to accommodate guests with disabilities, we recommend visiting during slower seasons and weekdays to those who require intensive one-to-one interaction with a helper. We also recommend coming to our quarterly ‘Fun Day Sunday’.
‘Fun Day Sunday’ is a partnership with Volunteer in UAE where people with disabilities can visit Wild Wadi two hours prior to the opening time. Wild Wadi also supports Senses Residential Care Home for Children with Special Needs with a yearly event that provides a one-to-one service and exclusive complimentary access for guests with disabilities.
The following are Wild Wadi’s required abilities to safely enjoy our rides and attractions:
White Water Wadi and Flood River Flyer
Type of Slide: Master Blaster
Requirements: Guest should hold the two handles of the tube at all times
Ride Rate: Thrill
Type of Slide: Speed Slide
Requirements: Guest should cross his/her arms and legs at all times
Ride Rate: Intensive Thrill
Tantrum Alley and Burj Surj
Type of Slide: Family Slide
Requirements: Guest should be able to sit upright and hold tube handles at all times
Ride Rate: Intensive Thrill (Tantrum Alley) and Thrill (Burj Surj)
Wipeout Flowrider and Riptide Flowrider
Type of Slide: Surf Machine
Requirements: Guest should be able to hold the body board rail by using two hands at all times
Ride Rate: Intensive Thrill
Type of Slide: River
Requirements: Guest should be able to sit on a single or double tube and hold the tube handles (if wave is on)
Ride Rate: Moderate
Type of Slide: Lazy River
Requirements: Guest should be able to sit on a single or double tube
Ride Rate: Relax
Type of Slide: Wave Pool
Requirements: Guest should be able to swim when the waves are on.
Ride Rate: Thrill
Juha's Dhow and Lagoon
Type of Slide: Family Play Area
Requirements: Accessible for children below 1.1 metres in height and their parent/guardian.
Ride Rate: Thrill
For more information or reservations, please contact us:
Telephone: +971 4 348 4444