At Jumeirah Emirates Towers, we are fully committed to delivering our business in a sustainable manner, contributing to the socio-economic and cultural growth of the UAE and protecting its environment by implementing long and lasting strategies in its operation.
Certification and External Sustainable associations
Jumeirah Emirates Towers pioneered the Green Globe Certification within the Jumeirah Group and has been successfully certified for the fourth consecutive year.
We support various external organizations that promote sustainability such as:
a) The Emirates Environmental Group (EEG) which is a professional working group devoted to protecting the local environment through the means of education, action programs and community involvement.
b) Department of Tourism and Commercial Marketing (DTCM), by participating in the Dubai Green Festival
- Dubai Centre for Special Needs: A non-profit organisation, (DCSN) provides specialist care, therapy and education programmes for children with disabilities.
- Health Campaigns: Various health campaigns are organized for the colleagues at JET to instill a sense of wellbeing and demonstrate the hotel’s corporate social responsibility towards its colleagues. Having successfully maintained the Green Globe certification, JET is also using this campaign to further strengthen its commitment to colleague wellbeing.
Integration of Local Culture and Heritage
- Guests experience the local culture the moment they enter the hotel lobby where they are greeted with local Arabic tea and dates.
- In the spirit of our STAY DIFFERENT™ brand promise and the Holy Month of Ramadan, the JET team host a number of Iftar events and initiatives with colleagues and the community throughout the month. Recently, a charity Iftar was hosted in the Godolphin Ballroom where over 40 local orphans from the Red Crescent Society enjoyed the activities planned by UAE Action Cares, including henna painting, making fun balloon animals and face painting in specially decorated Majlis areas. The Conference and Events team rolled out a full Arabic Iftar spread which was enjoyed by all.
Energy and Water Saving Initiatives
- All congress floors have been fitted with motion sensors with switch off lights and set back the AC temperature set point.
- In the newly refurbished rooms a new Room Management System (RMS) is in place. By incorporating presence sensors and an intelligent control system, lights, AC and curtains are automatically operated to maximize the energy efficiency.
- Auto start devices have been installed on all escalators within JET has been saving 255,317 KWH / year.
- Heat pumps have been installed that operate on a reversible system that heats the water during the winter and cools during summer months. Estimated annual electricity saving is AED 140,911 (KWH 318,804).
- All incandescent lamps (60W) in guest rooms were replaced with energy-efficient compact fluorescent lamps, saving AED 892,699 per year.
- Operational hours of external water features were reduced by 4 hrs daily with a monthly saving of 19,620 KWH.
- Operational hours of building external lights were reduced by 4 hrs daily, saving 191,698 KWH / year.
- Pool garden area halogen lights have been replaced with 3 watt LED lamps, saving AED 10,528 / year.
- All congress floor toilets were fitted with wireless on-off switches to control the lights when not in use, saving 12,110 KWH / year.
- A total of 2200 lamps 50 W MR 16 halogen lamps will be replaced by energy-efficient 7 watts LED lamps, with an expected saving AED 314,355 / year.
- A total of 5150 lamps 50 W MR 16 halogen lamps will be replaced by energy-efficient 7 watts LED lamps with an expected saving of AED 1,639,956 / year.
At Jumeirah Emirates Towers, great emphasis is given to waste segregation and recycling and we encourage our guests in this endeavor as well. Paper, glass, plastic, metal, aluminum and used cooking oil are recycled.
For more information, please contact us:
Telephone : +971 4 330 0000
Email : JETinfo@jumeirah.com