At Jumeirah Emirates Towers we are fully committed to deliver its business in a sustainable manner, contributing to the socio-economic growth of the UAE, promoting UAE’s culture and heritage and protecting its environment by implementing long and lasting strategies in its operation.
Certification and External Sustainable associations
- Jumeirah Emirates Towers pioneered the Green Globe Certification within the Jumeirah Group and had been successfully certified for the fourth consecutive year.
- We support various external organizations that promote sustainability such as:
a) The Emirates Environmental Group (EEG) which is a professional working group devoted to protecting the local environment through the means of education, action programs and community involvement.
b) Department of Tourism and Commercial Marketing (DTCM), by participating in the Dubai Green Festival
- Dubai Centre for Special Needs: A non-profit organisation, DCSN provides specialist care, therapy and education programmes for children with disabilities. On Thursday 6 November, a group of colleagues from Jumeirah Emirates Towers including General Manager, Hotel Manager joined the DCSN team to lend a hand.
- Health Campaigns: Various health campaigns are organized for the colleagues at JET to invigorate a sense of wellbeing and demonstrate the hotel’s corporate social responsibility towards its colleagues. Having successfully maintained the Green Globe certification consecutively for three years by increasing its performance on a number of criteria, JET is also using this campaign to further strengthen its commitment to colleague wellbeing.
Integration of local Culture and Heritage
- Guests experience the local culture the moment they enter the hotel lobby where their senses are rejuvenated by sipping and relishing on to the local Arabic tea and dates.
- Iftar Celebrations: In the spirit of our STAY DIFFERENT™ brand promise and the Holy Month of Ramadan, the team at Jumeirah Emirates Towers hosted a number of Iftar events and initiatives with colleagues and the community throughout the month. Recently also hosted a charity Iftar in the Godolphin Ballroom. Over 40 local orphans from the Red Crescent Society gathered in the ballroom to enjoy activities provided by UAE Action Cares. This included henna painting, making fun balloon animals and face painting in specially decorated Majlis areas. The Conference and Events team rolled out a full Arabic Iftar spread which was enjoyed by all.
Energy and Water saving initiatives
- All congress floors have been fitted with Motion sensors which will switch off lights and set back the AC temperature set point.
- In the newly refurbished rooms a new Room Management System (RMS) is in place. By incorporating presence sensors and an intelligent control system lights, air conditioning and curtains are automatically operated to maximize the energy efficiency.
- Installation of auto start devices on all escalators within Jumeirah Emirates Towers. Saving 255,317 KWH / Year.
- Installation of Heat Pump; Electrical heaters for heating the outdoor swimming pool have been replaced with more efficient heat pumps. The heat pumps consist of a reversible system that heats the water during the winter and cools during summer months. Estimated annual electricity saving is AED 140,911 (KWH 318,804).
- Replacement of guest room lamps with CFL; All Incandescent lamps (60W) in guest rooms were replaced with energy efficient compact fluorescent lamps. Saving AED 892,699 per Year.
- Operational hours of external water features were reduced by 4 hrs daily. Savings per month 19,620 KWH.
- Operational hours of building external lights were reduced by 4 hrs daily. Saving 191,698 KWH / year. -
- Pool garden area halogen lights replaced with 3 watt LED lamps. Saving AED 10,528 per annum.
- All congress floor toilets were fitted with wireless on-off switches to control the lights when not in use. Previously these lights were on 24 x 7. Saving 12,110 KWH / Year.
- Replacement of 50 W MR 16 halogen lamps with energy efficient LED lamps. Total of 2200 lamps will be replaced with 7 watts LED lamps. Expected Saving AED 314,355 per Annum.
- Replacement of 50 W MR 16 halogen lamps with energy efficient LED lamps. Total of 5150 lamps will be replaced with 7 watts LED lamps. Expected Saving AED 1,639,956 per Annum.
- At Jumeirah Emirates Towers, a great emphasis is given to waste segregation and recycling, we encourage our guests to contribute by whatever means in making this planet a better place. The following categories of waste are recycled; paper, glass, plastic, metal, aluminum and used cooking oil. In 2011, the total amount of waste recycled was 158 Tons which increased to 217 Tons in 2014 which indicates that we have been true to our commitment to environment protection.
For more information, please contact us:
Telephone: +971 4 330 0000