2014 April 22 03:00
Burj Al Arab Unveils its Wedding in the Skies 212 Metres above the Arabian Gulf
Dubai, 22 April 2014: Burj Al Arab, the world’s most luxurious hotel, is taking romance to new heights offering weddings in the sky, 212 metres above the azure Arabian Gulf on the famous Burj Al Arab helipad.
Each ceremony is specially designed by a Wedding Architect who is responsible for every detail and available 24/7. The experience has a starting price of AED 200,000* (approximately US$55,000) and can include:
- Arrival at Burj Al Arab by air in an Italian twin engine Augusta 109 or by road in a Rolls Royce Phantom
- Exquisite accommodation in one of Burj Al Arab’s 202 suites ranging in size from 170–780 square metres
- Private tasting sessions with Burj Al Arab’s award-winning Executive Chef Maxime Luvara- Consultations on wedding cake design, structure, flavour and composition with Burj Al Arab’s Executive Pastry Chef Johannes Bonin
- Beverage sampling and advice with Burj Al Arab’s Head Sommelier Dimitar Dimitrov
- Relaxation and beauty treatments at Burj Al Arab’s Talise Spa
- Private sessions with celebrity personal trainers at Burj Al Arab’s Talise Spa
- A specially designed wedding scent developed by a leading perfumist
- Shopping and styling sessions with Burj Al Arab’s personal stylist
- Access to top haute couturiers
- Private after-hours access to top luxury fashion brands
- Consultations with Burj Al Arab’s award-winning team of florists
- Exclusive access to Dubai’s best jewellers
- Private lessons in etiquette and dance
The Burj Al Arab helipad has a history of hosting unique activities. In 2004 Tiger Woods teed off the helipad and the following year Roger Federer and Andre Agassi challenged each other to a game of tennis there. In 2011 Rory McIlroy performed a hole-in-one from the helipad pad and last year Formula One Champion David Coulthard performed donuts in a Red Bull Racing car.
Burj Al Arab General Manager, Heinrich Morio, says: “We’re always looking for new and special ways to delight and enchant our guests. We believe a once-in-a-lifetime event deserves a one-of-a-kind venue and are thrilled to add this special location to our ultimate experience collection.”
Those wishing to create their own wedding in the sky can call +971 4 301 7673 or email BAAWeddings@jumeirah.com for further information.
* Each wedding in the sky is individually priced depending on the requirements of the bride and groom. AED 200,000 is the starting price point.
Notes to Editors:
- For additional images of the helipad wedding, please click here
About Burj Al Arab:
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding.Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out, reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and private beach. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting venues.
About Jumeirah Group:
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts includes Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Bilgah Beach Hotel in Baku; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Grand Hotel via Veneto in Rome; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah in Istanbul; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London. Jumeirah Group also runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah LivingTM; the wellness brand Talise; Jumeirah Restaurants; Wild Wadi WaterparkTM; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management; and SiriusTM, its global loyalty programme.
For further information please contact:
Burj Al Arab Marketing and PR Department
PO Box 74147, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 301 7565/7564
Visit us at: www.jumeirah.com/burjalarab