2013 November 12 12:00
The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management celebrates its largest Graduating Class
Dubai, 12 November 2013: The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management (EAHM), one of the world’s leading hospitality business management schools and an integral part of the global luxury hotel company Jumeirah Group, will hold a graduation ceremony for its ninth graduating class at Jumeirah Emirates Towers in Dubai.
The event, which takes place on 16 November 2013 at 11 am, will see the largest graduating class to date, a total of 90 students from 37 different countries receiving their degrees from EAHM. Of those graduates, 80 will have completed the “Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in International Hospitality Management” programme and 10 will have completed their “Master of Science in International Hospitality Management” degree.
Commenting on the record number of graduates, Ron Hilvert, Managing Director of EAHM said: “With Dubai’s growth in the hospitality and tourism sector, there will be many opportunities for our graduates to demonstrate the skills and knowledge they have acquired during their time with us at EAHM. We will continue to deliver to the industry the highest calibre of individuals who will be leading the growth of the industry both locally and internationally.”
Graduates of EAHM find excellent professional placement opportunities with 96% being employed within the first six months of graduation. More than 450 Alumni are now working in over 90 countries and have been employed by more than 100 companies worldwide.
Note to Editors:
The following students will be available for interview on the day of the event. Official photos will also be provided within 24 hours after the Graduation event on 16 Nov 2013.
- This year’s Most Outstanding Masters graduate, Marina Rizzi from Germany, obtained her Bachelor’s degree from Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne and now her Masters from EAHM. She has many years of experience in Rooms Division and Private Residences and now works as the Training Manager in the Professional Training & Development department at EAHM.
- Egyptian Masters graduate, Shady Hassan, now holds a Senior Hospitality Analyst position at Jones Lang LaSalle in Dubai after gaining experience at Mohamed Al Geziry Consultancy (MAGC) and Four Seasons in Philadelphia and Cairo.
- Greek Masters graduate, Merili Areti Mitropoulou, has secured a position with Jumeirah Group as the new Digital Executive for Brand Loyalty and Partnerships.
- Austrian and Venezuelan Masters graduate, Robert W. Schranz, joined the Double Tree by Hilton Resort & Spa Marjan Island in Ras Al Khaimah as the F&B Manager after working for Dubai World Trade Centre and Kempinski Hotel Xiamen in China.
- This year’s Most Outstanding Bachelors graduate, Chanel Venter from South Africa and one of EAHM’s top scholarship students, has joined Jumeirah Emirates Towers as a Learning & Development Executive after a few years in PR & Marketing.
- UAE Graduate, Mashael Al Fardan, has joined the Burj Al Arab as the Assistant Manager National Development for Business Excellence.
- Bachelors graduate and top scholarship student, Samuel Moult from the United Kingdom, joined Jumeirah Emirates Towers as the Marketing & Communications Executive a few months before he graduated.
- Russian Bachelors graduate, Igor Rybakov, has already found employment with Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC) Dubai as a Deals Associate.
- Canadian Bachelors graduate, Nicolas Nasra, found employment with Colliers International MENA seven months before he graduated.
- Cypriot graduate, Christopher Pieri, has joined Expedia in Dubai as a Marketing Associate.
- Kazakh Bachelors graduate, Ruslan Doskenov, has returned home to Astana and joined the Radisson Hotel as the Front Office Night Auditor.
- British and Norwegian graduate, Nina Jenkins, joined Avventura Group as the Global Sales & Marketing Manager.
About The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management:
The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management (EAHM) in Dubai is one of the world’s leading hospitality business management schools and an integral part of the global luxury hotel company, Jumeirah Group. It is a leading provider of University-level hospitality business education and offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees designed to develop the hospitality leaders of the future. EAHM works in academic association with Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne and all programmes of study are fully accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in the United Arab Emirates, the Institute of Hospitality in the United Kingdom and THE-ICE (International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education) in Australia. It is also a higher education member of the Council of International Schools (CIS). For further information and enrolment requirements, please visit The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management online: www.emiratesacademy.edu
About Jumeirah Group:
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts includes Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Bilgah Beach Hotel in Baku; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Grand Hotel via Veneto in Rome; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah in Istanbul; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London. Jumeirah Group also runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah LivingTM; the wellness brand Talise; Jumeirah Restaurants; Wild Wadi WaterparkTM; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management; and SiriusTM, its global loyalty programme.
For further information please contact:
Jumeirah Group Corporate Communications
Director of External Communications
PO Box 73137, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Visit us at: www.jumeirah.com
The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management
Dr John Fong
Director of Marketing & International Relations / Associate Professor
PO Box 29662 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 315 5118
Fax: +971 4 315 5556
Mobile: +971 555 009 565
Visit us at: www.emiratesacademy.edu