2012 March 02 12:00
Jumeirah Chefs celebrate outstanding success at Hotelympia
Dubai, 02 March 2012: Jumeirah, the Dubai-based luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, is thrilled to announce its unrivalled success at Hotelympia – the UK’s largest exhibition for foodservice and hospitality.
Teams from both Dubai based Jumeirah Hotel’s and the UK’s Jumeirah Carlton Tower scooped gold in numerous categories at the world-renowned chef competition, Le Salon Culinaire International de Londres 2012 at Hotelympia, held at London's ExCel exhibition centre.
Led by Christian Gradnitzer, Madinat Jumeirah’s Resort Executive Chef, and Michael Kitts, Senior Lecturer and Director of Culinary Arts at the Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, chefs from Madinat Jumeirah, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Jumeirah Zabeel Saray travelled to the UK to compete in the international competition that is attended by over 8000 chefs per year.
Press Release in Arabic.
Notes to Editors
La Parade des Chefs
La Parade des Chefs is the renowned fine dining experience at the heart of Hotelympia, where ten competing teams of chefs cook a three-course plated meal as full service for 100 visitors including a Chef’s Table and a panel of expert judges.
- Team Jumeirah Dubai won a GOLD Medal and received the only Hygiene Trophy
- Individual Gold medals were also awarded to: Christian Gradnitzer, Sebastian Nohse, Tobias Pfister, Stefan Voithenleitner, Ryan Thompson and Maxie Millian from the Dubai team
Individual live cooking competition.
Top chefs battle it out in this unique series of chef competitions.
- Chocolate petits fours – Ryan Thompson, Sous Chef, Madinat Jumeirah
Gold and Best in the Entire class
- Show Platter of Fish – Wasim Ameer Shaikh, Junior Sous Chef, Madinat Jumeirah
Gold and Best in Class and Best Kitchen Larder Chef of the week.
- Churchill Pasta Dish Challenge – Wawryniec Gizella, Jumeirah Carlton Tower
Gold and Best in Class
- Gourmet Classic Challenge – Liam Brandon, Jumeirah Carlton Towers
A cold buffet challenge, with hand-crafted culinary art that is displayed on a daily basis throughout Hotelympia.
- Team Jumeirah Dubai won the only GOLD Medal and were announced overall Best International Team
- Individual Gold medals were also awarded to: Christian Gradnitzer, Sebastian Nohse, Tobias Pfister, Stefan Voithenleitner, Ryan Thompson and Maxie Millian from the Dubai Team
About Jumeirah Group:
Jumeirah Group, the Dubai-based luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts includes Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Grand Hotel via Veneto in Rome; Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London and Jumeirah Essex House in New York. Jumeirah Group also runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah Living; the spa brand Talise; Jumeirah Restaurants; Wild Wadi Waterpark; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management; and Sirius, its global loyalty programme.
As part of its ambitious expansion plans, Jumeirah opened eight new hotels since the beginning of 2011 in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Shanghai, Frankfurt, Rome, London and two in the Maldives. A further four properties in Mallorca, Dubai, Kuwait and Baku will open in 2012.
For further information please contact:
Jumeirah Group Corporate Communications
Director of Corporate Communications
PO Box 73137, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Visit us at: www.jumeirah.com