Insider's London - #AskJumeirah
Spring is in the air! Finally those storms and rain clouds will fade from London’s skyline and it is time to celebrate the beauty of Cadogan Gardens across from our Concierge desk.
The daffodils in all their glory are such a sight and it adds a “spring” to the step of all of my team as we approach our busiest season. We will be busy arranging Limousines, booking those ever popular dining establishments, but don’t forget to ask us for some wonderful newcomers to dine at too.
At the Savoy Theatre, Robert Lindsay, Rufus Hound Katherine Kingsley and Samantha Bond come together in the UK premiere of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The musical adaptation of the Steve Martin/Michael Caine film premiered on Broadway in 2005, when it received 11 Tony Award nominations. Original choreographer Jerry Mitchell, who brought Legally Blonde The Musical to London, directs the new production.
Other exciting events to ask us about are:
- St. Patricks Day Parade & Festival (day before St. Patrick’s Day 17 March) – 16 March The Boat Race on 4 April - (Oxford University vs Cambridge University in this historic row to one - upmanship)
- The London Chocolate Festival from 11 to13 April (just in time for Easter)
- The London Marathon on 13 April 2014
- The World Street Food Festival at Southbank from18 to 21 April 2014
- St. George’s Day on 23 April 2014
- RHS Chelsea Flower Show on 20 to 24 May 2014
As always, should you need any assistance or guidance for your upcoming trip to London, please do not hesitate to contact the team. You can also participate in our weekly twitter sessions – search for #AskJumeirah. Each Tuesday from 15:00 to 16:00 (UK time), concierge teams from the London properties will be online to answer any question you need answered.
The Concierge team and I are looking forward to giving all of our guests a warm welcome this Spring.
Nigel Bowen – Head Concierge
For more information, please contact us: