Wild Wadi and the Environment
Wild Wadi is committed to being environmentally conscious and recognizes the importance of protecting the environment for which the very nature of our business relies on.
As a leisure facility focusing on fun, safety and cleanliness, we have an inherent responsibility to the community to reflect the values we live by. We conduct business in a responsible and transparent manner that is balanced economically, socially and environmentally.
The following initiatives make Wild Wadi unique in the Middle East:
· Using state of the art filtration systems that ensure maximized water conservation.
· All showers, taps and toilets have low-flow sensor units that reduce unnecessary wastage of water.
· All pool water resources in the waterpark are re-circulated, filtered, treated and re-used.
· Pool Water systems are separated to avoid cross contamination.
· Policies and procedures are in place to reduce the risk of contamination (i.e. Diaper Policy and Swimwear Policy).
· Water usage in all areas of the park is constantly monitored to accurately identify and target areas of concern.
· Throughout the park, energy-efficient compact flourescent bulbs and water pumps are used with variable frequency drives (VFD’s) to reduce the energy required.
· Wild Wadi has a computerized building management system that automatically switches off unnecessary utilities.
· Awareness campaigns are conducted periodically to encourage our colleagues to turn off the lights and air-conditioners when leaving their offices or homes.
Waste Stream Management
Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle:
· The introduction of the above mentioned filtration system minimizes the use of chemicals which usually becomes harmful to the atmosphere when the pool water evaporates.
· We recycle paper, cardboard, oils, organic waste, plastic, metal, electronic office equipment, batteries. Additionally, Wild Wadi is involved in many other initiates where we reduce, reuse and recycle waste (for example, rubber shoes which have been used by our colleagues are recycled to make other rubber products).
· We eliminate hazardous polystyrene containers from our restaurants and replace them with high-quality recyclable paper plates and cups.
· We Buy locally made products and in bulk to reduce packaging materials and unnecessary transport.
Education and Awareness
· We train our colleagues about the environment and what they can do to help achieve our goals.
· Wild Wadi is the main organizer of the very popular quarterly “Beach Clean-up” where colleagues and volunteers of the public assemble at an agreed location and pick up litter.
· We have started a Sun and Safety Awareness Program that is dedicated to schools in Dubai to teach children about the environment.